The Housing Committee consists of representatives of the City Council and Planning Commission and interested citizens. It is expected to meet at least 10 times per year and will make recommendations to the Planning Commission about ways to expand the availability of housing within the City of Rainier.
The Housing Committee is a subcommittee of the Rainier Planning Commission, and is tasked with the following:
- Examining the possible rezoning of some properties to encourage more housing development;
- Developing a possible text amendment for the Central Business District code to allow for more flexibility; and
- Examining properties that could be added to the city’s Urban Growth Boundary to facilitate more housing development.
- Paul Langner, Chair and Planning Commission Representative
- Connie Budge, Council Representative
- Jeremy Howell, Council Representative
- Mike Avent
- Terry Deaton
- Randall Johnston
- Paul Rice
Meetings & Documents
- CCHIP-2023-Draft-Housing-Implementation-Plan-03072023.pdf (1.12 MB)
- CCHIP-2023-Draft-Housing-Implementation-Plan-Appendices.pdf (3.67 MB)
Some documents linked to on this page are PDF files, and require a pdf reader.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is FREE and can be downloaded here